Friday, April 26, 2013

My Doll collection Part IV - Jenny dolls

Ah... this post was never been published yet, it's been in my Chikara draft page since June 2009, now it's time to be out, ha ha... But some of my new Jenny dolls are not included here yet.

Jenny


Jenny - a 10.5" inches fashion doll produced by a Japanese company - Takara, since 1982. The doll was originally known as Takara Barbie, but became "Jenny" in 1986 after Takara ended their licensing agreement with Mattel. The difference between the Takara Barbie and the Western Barbie was that Takara Barbie was altered to suit Japanese preference. Takara Barbie is shorter, her eyes are round, the mouth is closed and the doll's figure is less mature than the Western Barbie. Like Western Barbie, Jenny wears a large variety of outfits which often include street fashion, school uniforms and kimonos and other uniquely Japanese costumes .
Source: Wikipedia: Jenny Dolls

Jennies in their original wardrobes







And one of my hobby is sewing dresses of dolls.
The following photos are Jenny's wearing my own creations.
I made them all , from hats to tiny bags.












2 comments:

Ida said...

Dear Leny, I,m really amazed and impressed by your doll collection. I had a couple of dolls when I was a kid and I still have two teddy bears from my childhood. My mother sewd some dresses for the dolls but I had never Barbi or any other fancy dolls like yours. They are beautiful. I think I would like Danica the best. (I hope I spelled the name right) You have been so busy on your blog so I have some reading to do now. Hope all is well with your children and yourself. Take care Ida

LENY said...

Dearest Ida, Thank you so much for always visiting my site. Your patience is so much waiting for me...sorry for keeping you waiting.

I have 3 walking dolls during my childhood too, I sewd dresses for them too but since I went to Japan my mother gave them away to others.

I started this collection when I gave birth to Stephannie but she did'nt play even one of them. She wanted to play more of her Big bros toys so I stop for a while buying but when my youngest was born the collections multiplied.

I hope you're in good health for always and your family.

Hugs,Leny