Friday, April 26, 2013

My doll collection I - Barbie Dolls

I posted this blog last May 28, 2009 in my Chikara blog site, but I transfer it here in my Haven for some reasons.... . 

May 28, 2009

Hello everyone,

While my "Honey Baeb YJ" is still so busy on his project's and so quiet in Baeworld,
no fresh news that can be heard about him yet. It's so hurting and so sad we miss him a lot ...sob, sob, sob....

For a while I want to share something, a non BYJ topic.
My other collections: DOLLS

Yep, Dolls, when I was a child ( oh...that's long time ago, but could still remember, he he he)
I have had only 2 walking dolls that was given to me by my Godmother. My mother never buy me even one. I always play that dolls and dressed them like my models, even when I reached my 20's.

It was when I first got to Japan and went back home in Philippines I found my dolls no more. And I asked my mother and she just said that she gave them already to other children for I'm no longer need to play them anymore.

I was so sad that time..... and I promise to myself that if I'm going to have a baby girl, I'm gonna buy her lots of dolls (which I did).

So when my first child came out, I was so frustrated because he's a boy, we can't play dolls ( but I do love my children so much).Then the 2nd child was a girl, I was so excited to buy dolls though she's still so tiny and delicate to play yet.

As she grows I was sooooo frustrated again because she likes more to play with her "Hyong's" robots and toy cars rather than the dolls that I kept on insisting to her. She just threw it away, so then I stop buying.

On my 3rd baby, oh... there, I'm so happy 'coz she's really a baby girl now. She loves to play dolls that even on her first year in school, we always brought with us 2 or 3 dolls in. Without dolls she will cry inside the classroom. She's just holding it while listening to the teacher, just like that. She's even an awardee student.... until now (I'm a so proud mommy, he he he)

Every time we go shopping , we always bought 2 or sometimes more dolls at a time, until we collected so many of any kind that we don't have any storage anymore because our house now is so small.

Barbie, Bratz, My Scene, local dolls, Porcelain dolls, big and smallest dolls and even the cheapest one ( I dressed them up and they look expensive now), Perfumed dolls, Witch and Winx Dolls....
Jenny, Licca, Erika, Sakura, and Sailormoon Dolls - are Japan made, a little bit smaller than Barbie size.

It's so funny that when we transferred here in this house now, my child searched first a place for the doll cabinets rather than for her own room and other stuffs.She's worried more for the dolls than the others.

I' ll first show to you some of my Barbie collections, though they are not the expensive Barbie Collectible item, still they have value....

Barbie in actual human size stands 5'9 inches tall and have a vital statistic of 36-18-38
(Hmmm... I'm just 5'5, so she's taller and even sexier than me). At 1/6 scale Barbie dolls is 11.5 inches tall.

March 9, 1959 - Barbie made its debut at the American International Toy fair in New York and this date used as Barbies official Birthday. So last March 9, 2009 Barbie celebrated her Golden Age...50th B-day... oh , she's older than me ,yet she's still so fresh young looking, sexy and lovable ,I'm really envied her.

Ruth Handler (1916-2002) and hubby Eliot was the manufacturer and co-founder of Mattel. Ruth named Barbie after her daughter Barbara and Ken after her son.

Barbara "Barbie" Millicent Roberts - full name of Barbie and Ken Carson for Ken, an on and off and on boyfriend of Barbie. And in 1960, Barbie's parents were published by Random House, George and Margaret Roberts from fictional town of Willows, Winconsin.

Barbie plays a variety roles in life. She even have done 40 careers.




The one in White shirt is not Ken, it's Kent of West Life
and the one in black hair is not in original dress
( she's wearing sporty dress and skating shoes originally)






Fashion Fever

The last one in green and violet is not wearing her original swim suit attire.

California Girls in Beach( Barbie friends)
Teresa, Lea and Blaine a Cali Guy

The 3 following photos are Barbies in Filipiniana ( Phil. costume)


Barbies in Indian, Japanese, and Tahitian costume

Barbie Angels

Our first ever Barbie Doll (1992)

This one wore only a 2 piece swim suit
I just made her this gown

The Flower Princess

Barbie as Clara in Nut Cracker movie

Barbie as Rapunzel and Ken as Prince Stefan

Barbie as Odette and Ken as Prince David in Swan Princess

Barbie as Princess Anneliese and Ken as King Dominic
in Princess and the Pauper

Barbie as Samantha The Bewitch

The Magic of Pegasus
Magic Cloud Kingdom
Barbie with sister Brietta and Cloud Queen-Rayla
and Kelly in Pink and Violent motive with ponies

Barbie as Elina in Mermaidia
Fairy to Mermaid
Wings turns to Tail

Elina with other mermaid - Marissa and 2 Merfairies
Fairytopia Fairies:
Jobelle in blue with Pixie and
Elina in pink blinking wings with Bibble ( below their stands)

Fairy with Orange hair - Dandelion
Fairy with Pink hair - Dahlia
Fairytopia flowers: Blue Quilla, Pink Questina, Violet Omma, Orange Organza
And the 3 Elves: Peeble, Pater and Phred

Thanks for coming and reading everyone, I'll share the others next time.
We'll do some pictorial first, he he he he....Annyong !!!!!!

No comments: