Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Captured Insects

After visiting my garden in my backyard, I noticed the leaves of one plant that was damaged. I tried to looked underneath the leaves and I've seen a caterpillar.I found it so cute that I took a photo of it.It has a big eyes but it winked when the light flashed.


Then I started taking photos of insects around,

Like the dragonflies...




The red ants that always bite me


The tiny beetle on the wall


The black/red small spider


Kinds of butterflies



The grasshopper that camouflaged the plant, perhaps it thought that I can't see him. It was so surprised when I took him a photo.


And the 2 resting mosquitoes


If only I have a nice camera, I could captured them more beautifully in my lens. For now that's all I could.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures of the insects. So many God's creatures that we never see or recognize but still they are there and fill their place in the creation.

And by the way, even if a bit late:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LENY,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!
Ida

Anonymous said...

Happy Advent!

Do you celebrate Advent in the Philippines? Here we light one candle every Sunday until Christmas, Put advent stars and electric candle holders in the windows. And we make saffron bread. That is special for first of Advent here.

If you look on my Blog I will put up some pictures.
Ida

LENY said...

Hi Ida,

Happy Advent too.

No, we don't really celebrate advent here. Just a Holy Mass in the church.

But we have a very long Christmas celebration.Putting a star and a candle in the windows is like putting a Christmas lantern here.

This past 2 wks. after celebrating the All Saints and Souls Day, I started putting my X-mas decor again.

It's so tiring but I want my children to fell the Christmas every year even though they said that our Christmas would never be the same again as before.It's so heart breaking every time my children talked about the past that's why I really try my very best to make them happy.

By the way thank you so, so much for the greetings.

Have a nice day and God Bless,

Love, Leny

Ida said...

Dear Leny,
I know Christmas can be an "emotional" holiday because so many things comes to the surface that people avoid during the year. Hurt and scars from past try to make our lives miserable; but we have to live this day and not in the past because we can't change what has been.
I was thinking the other day that it says somewhere in the Bible: "Yesterday is gone; tomorrow you don't know anything about, but TODAY the Lord will help" I'm sure your children understand that you will do anything for them to be happy. So hold on to faith in the Lord and ask him to help you make the best Christmas ever this year.
Love
Ida