Monday, November 29, 2010

My first Mandu (dumplings)


My first Mandu (dumplings)

I like the taste of Korean foods so much but I can only eat when I go to a Korean Resto. One time I tried to cook one kind of Korean recipe, a Mandu or dumplings. Pls. do send me a message if it's not correct.

Ingredients:
• 1 cup of ground pork
• 2 cups of ground beef
• 2 cups of chopped boo chu (asian chives)
• 4-5 soaked Shiitake mushrooms
• half onion
• half package of tofu
• 3 cloves of minced garlic
• salt
• sugar
• sesame oil
• vegetable oil
• fish sauce (patis)
• egg
• green onion
• mandu wrapper

Procedure:
1. Place 1 cup of ground pork and 2 cups of ground beef into big bowl. Add 1 ts of salt, 1 tbs of sesame oil, ½ ts of ground pepper and mix.
2. Wash asian chives (bu chu), dry well with paper towel or cotton cloth and then chop them to make 2 cups. Add 1 tbs of oil and mix. Set aside….
Note: oil will coat vegetables so that liquid would not come out from it.
3. Chop 4-5 soaked shiitake mushrooms and half an onion. Add 1 ts of soy sauce, 1 ts of sugar, and 2 ts of sesame oil and mix.
4. Squeeze half a package of tofu using cotton cloth or paper. Then add a pinch of salt, 1 ts of sesame oil and mix it and put it next to chopped chives.
5. In the big bowl, add 3 cloves of minced garlic and mix all ingredients by hand.
6. Then get a teaspoonful or a bit more of filling and wrap it with Mandu skin.


I bought this container, thought that it’s a good storage for my Mandu and space saver. Though I don’t like so much the colored blue, no choice, there’s no other color available but it’s so cheap ..^_^..



It's my first fried, it's a bit burnt because I forgot to put a small amount of water before I covered the pan..^_^..

2 comments:

Ida said...

Dear Leny,
Thanks for commenting on my Blog I gave an answer over there but thought I might make one here as well.
I admire your cooking ability. I'm afraid I'm not good at making food because of lack of interest I think. What ever you like to do, you do, right? Very good pictures too. A good cook and a good photographer you are; and did I mention a kind person
Take care
Ida

LENY said...

My dearest Ida,

Sorry to say that you're wrong, I'm not a good cook ever.

As I posted before, I said that I never do the cooking when my mother was still alive. Am just the one who did the shopping for foods to cook and all the things needed but my mother never let me stay in the kitchen to cook.

That's why when she died, it's so hard for me to cook alone.Til now I'm using a recipe book, still learning,if not I always end in a restaurant ha ha ha ha.But I'm really trying my best to learn.

Thanks for coming Ida.
God bless.