Friday, April 2, 2010

Pancit Palabok

Usually every Good Friday aside from going to church though there's no mass, we always watch where there's a Penitencia (devotees who self-flagellate and sometimes even have themselves nailed to crosses) or watch any Passion play called Sinakulo, or listen the commemoration of Jesus' Seven last words (called Siete Palabras). But seems like I'm so tried that I don't want to go out and my children too.

We missed the long street procession the other night, I thought there's another one last night but they changed the schedule ( how come I didn't heard that, I'm so damn). But if you want to review just visit the link, I posted it last year...

http://mychikara.blogspot.com/2009/04/good-friday-penitent.html http://mychikara.blogspot.com/2009/04/good-friday-procession.html

We're just watching TV to know watch the happening to other places, no regular TV shows, all local shows are religious related except cable channels.

Most people in the cities head to the provinces for the long Easter weekend, most stores and malls are closed. I can hear here in our house the voices of the people singing the Life story of Jesus Christ (Passion of Christ) from the church, we called it Pabasa. Some family do it to their own place, they sing the whole 'Pasyon' book for 24 hours - nonstop, of course not by one person only but alternately and visitors and volunteers are allowed to read, I mean to sing too. And foods too are offered to the readers and visitors.

Around 1:00 pm, the phone rang and on the other end was my friend, asking me why I didn't come to their place and watch the "Penitencia".

I told her that I was not in the mood to go out and it's so hot outside. She got mad at me (not seriously) because she said she prepared a "Pancit Palabok "for us, and it's so scrupulous to make and who's gonna eat that noodles.

I answered, Noodles again, I cooked stir fried noodles today too but... Owkie..Owkie... we go na, just to eat her Pancit Palabok, he he he.

Pancit is a Filipino term for noodles. And there are lots of pancit variation Filipinos have. Me I cooked today a Pancit Bihon Guisado (stir fried noodles). And my friend cooked a Pancit Palabok - smothered with a thick, golden shrimp sauce and topped with: Shrimp, ground pork rind (she mix the shrimp and pork with the veggies), hard-boiled egg(sliced), tinapa (smoked fish) flakes, freshly minced green onion, pork sitsaron (coarsely pounded) and fried minced garlic(but hers was a bit burned :)



See my Shirt... so nice isn't it.

No comments: