Thursday, May 5, 2011

Summer coolers

Its summer time and my children are always asking for some cold foods and drinks. We always bought Ice cream,

Slurpee from 7/11 or some coolers in Pizza resto or

Halo-halo in any food chains.
(See my last post about halo-halo)
http://lenyschika.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-sunday-with-mycah.html


But sometimes I just made them some Ice drinks and Ice candy.

Here are my Ice Candies: 1st the Mango flavor

Scrape or grate 1kl. ripe Mango (you can put it too in blender to soften the texture), mix 1 can condensed milk, 1pack all purpose cream, drops of vanilla and a syrup of 750 mg sugar or more according to your taste and add 12 cups of water.

You can make 60 pcs. of ice candy. (depends on the size of plastic bag that you’re going to use). Then put in freezer to frost.

If you’re in a hurry, just chill it for a while or blend it with some crushed ice and then you can enjoy your cold mango drink now.

2nd: I made Avocado flavor, (same procedure)


And here's my Mocha frost:

Mix 4 tsps.cocoa powder or 5 tsps. Milo choco drink, 1/3 cup Cream mate or any cream powder, 1 1/2 tsps instant coffee and 3 tbsps. sugar (I want sweeter but you can adjust the measurement according to your taste). Add 1/2 cups hot water and stir ' til mixture dissolves. Then add 2 cups cold water and stir again. Pour into glasses 1/2 full and top with ice cream choco flavor (me I used rocky road as my children requested). If you don't have ice cream available in your fridge, you may just put some ice cubes . Makes 2 to 3 servings.

No comments: