Sunday, April 3, 2011

Coffee

My coffee selling friends just always give me coffee
because they know I won't buy, he he.

Before,I really don't take coffee because when I was a child somebody told me that if I drink coffee my complexion turns to black too. So funny that I was so innocent that time that I believed and so afraid to drink coffee since then even a drop. Though when I grew up I knew that drinking coffee won't affect my skin color and is not bad at all still I don't drink coffee.

Every time my friends asked me for some coffee to drink I never serve,'coz I don't have any coffee at home.I rather served them some juices, teas or any soft drinks or the least, mineral water.

I don't have coffee in my pantry so my children never tasted coffee too not until last year when my friends brought us plenty every time they visited us. So that they can drink coffee in my place.

I'm so curious why coffee is the world's 2nd valuable commodity after oil. Why the global coffee industry earns an estimated US$60 billion annually. Why more than 500 billion cups of coffee are served worldwide each year and why Starbucks Coffee Co.'s revenue last 2006 reached US$8 billion. Super Wowoooooow.

We tasted the coffee given to us...different brands, different tastes...Hhhhmmmmnnn...
It's not bad at all and my children like it too, but I like it creamier.

Aside for those reasons, we should learn to drink different taste of coffee because if you could remember my blog last October..... Stephannie's dream is to own a cake and coffee shop.

After her BSHM course she said she gonna study again in " Phil. Barista and Coffee academy".
:( another expenses.

Trivia:The most expensive and delicious coffee in the world can be found mostly here in Southeast Asia. An Asian Palm Civet poop or in our own language, it is called Kape Alamid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Leny,
At my work it's coffee pauses twice a day. We have this coffee machine that make really bad coffee (that is my opinion) and even so people drink it. I add lots of milk; that cures it, but when I'm alone at home I kind of forget about the coffee and my stomach is happy about it. Coffee here is a way of socializing with people too. When I was a child and followed my mom to town we went to a café before going home and it was so exciting for me. A lady with a white apron came with a cart with pastries and I could choose what I wanted. It was the only luxury we allowed ourselves. I didn't drink coffee then, but could have a soda and that was even more luxury (and it tickled in my nose)
I hope your daughter's dream about a coffee and cake shop will come through. I would certainly like to visit her shop.I hope she will have chocolate cake.
Ida

LENY said...

Hi Ida,

Oh, same as me, you love chocolate cake too? Amazing. I 'm always craving for chocolates too.

Btw, try this coffee, mix coffee with some Milo (Choco drink)and some cream. The result is mocca drink, he he.

Love, Leny

Anonymous said...

Dea Leny,

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try it.

Ida

LENY said...

Hope you like it, but oh don't forget the sugar *-*