Friday, February 25, 2011

As a Single Parent

Sometime, I'm reflecting with some bitterness about how my life was being eroded away by endless minor tasks. The daily routine and housework. Sometimes doing the job of a carpenter, doctor, interior decorator, tutor, manager, payments collector, accountant, dressmaker

gardener
electronic technician
choreographer
and etc....etc...etc. Sounds like "a jack of all trade" ..^_^..

I felt so completely beaten and demotivated. I can’t seem to find enough energy inside and can't find longer time for my hobbies and passion anymore. Sigh....

But then at the end of the day, after receiving hugs and kisses from my children and seeing them lying and soundly sleeping each on their own bed and healthy I was filled and refreshed. All my exhaustion and tiredness was vanished.

As a single parent, (I keep on saying this) the only treasure I have are my children.

And this is my prayer:

Dear Lord
Thank You for giving me more strength and courage

When I'm tired and ready to give up
You always remind me that You're always with me
and
possesses me with Your love
that my daily actions will not be in vain.


2 comments:

Sarj said...

wow! a true jack of all trade!! i admire you:)

LENY said...

Thank you Sarah,

As a single parent , I don't have any choice but to act as Mother and a Father for my children.

Have a nice day...^-^..