Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Korea - Phil. 60th Friendship Festival

Today I'm watching Arirang Channel and guess what's on air.
It's the Korea - Phil 60th Friendship Festival ,
that's held in Phil. Cultural Center last November 27, 2009 (Friday), 5:00 PM (PST)


Isak ( the VJ in Pop in Seoul - Arirang TV) was one of the MC.
With Luis (Lucky) Manzano -The Filipino master of the ceremony.

(The following photos courtesy of nickusshie of VOX)

There were some Korean Entertainers too, like:
SHINEE - Performed their Stand by me, Juliette and their latest single Ring Ding Dong
Mighty Mouth - Smile and Energy
Winter Play - Billie Jean and Gypsy Girl



Isak sang too



A Fan cam of Shinee's performance
Source: YT by mikay91



Korean Artists' Messages
Source: YT by eyecatcher0125



Thanks to mikay91 and eyecatcher0125 for the videos in You Tube...*^_^*



To know more about the relationship of Korea and Phil., just visit the link below.
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=511982&publicationSubCategoryId=445


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leny,

Nice Christmas look on the web-site. Hope you are OK. What traditions do you have for Christmas?

Ida

LENY said...

Hi Ida,

I'd tried to change my Chikara too, but all my side bars were gone so I put it back again. and my playlist's in trouble too, I can't put it back.

Well this X-mas we have 9 early dawn masses 'till xmas night. Then my brothers and sisters family will come to my house because I'm the Eldest, some stay for a week with me. We have, midnight Meal after hearing a mass during Xmas eve. Every now and then there are children singing xmas carol on my gate or door, then I give just some coins, but during x-mas day they well be back to ask again a Xmas present. They come sometimes by 3's, 4's or 5's until evening.

That's why after every X mas time my wallet always empty.But my children richer because they received always a gifts and money fom their godfather and godmother, uncles and aunties.

I'll tell more next time.

Bye...
Love,Leny

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. That was interesting. We have early morning sermon on Christmas Day but since people like to sleep and not get up at 5 o clock many churches have midnight mass on Christmas Eve which is the day that we celebrate here with special food and gifts. More people tend to visit the midnight masses nowadays.
Ida

LENY said...

Yah , it's so hard to wake up so early for others, but me I wake up 3am and take a shower first then after that I wake up all my 3 children to take a shower too one by one, after fixing our selves we start to walk 'cuz it's still cold it's nice to walk, we never take a ride, it's part of our exercise.It takes 15 to 20 minutes slow walking.

By 5 am the mass start. Every time we arrive in the church it's already full, no vacant sits and lots of people are standing already so we have to stay outside and stand also until the mass is over.

I asked one time the person that have had taken a sit, what time he arrived, he said around 3am, because around 4am there's no vacant sit anymore. Oh really so early he he ...