Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Spring Rolls


Hi there now I'm in the mood of sharing my Spring Roll,"Lumpiang Shanghai" as we call it.

Though am not a cook, I never consider being in the kitchen a burden but it's a fun specially when my children are participating.

My children really appreciate when I make the effort to prepare our foods.They eat every meal I replicate from the recipe books though sometimes it needs a second try,(actually they have no choice, kkkkkk)

Here's my version in preparing my spring rolls.

Ingredients :
• 1/2kl. ground pork
• 1 /2kl. ground beef
• 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
• 1/2 cup finely chopped garlic
• 1 cup finely chopped carrots
• 1 cup finely chopped celery
• Some finger chilies
• 2 to 3 whole eggs
• salt and pepper, to taste
• ginisa mix seasonings
• lumpia wrapper
• vegetable oil, for frying


Cooking Procedures:
*For the chili first, along one side, make a slit lengthwise and scrape the seeds.
*Finely chopped all the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery.


*Saute onions, garlic and ground meat until mildly done, drain and let it cool.
*After cooling, in a bowl mix the carrots and celery and add 2 to 3 eggs. Blend well.


*Stuff the chili with the mixture.


*Wrap into thin rolls in lumpia wrapper. Others stick out at one end the chili head and when it’s done they call it “dynamite lumpia”.


*After wrapping , put in container and stock in freezer. Just take some when you want to cook. But when you want to eat it right away there’s no need of sauteing the ground meat, just mix all the ingredients well and wrap then fry.

(Hmmmnn.. ready for my Mycah's bento )
http://mychikara.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-mycahs-daily-bento_23.html


*Fry in deep hot oil. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with your favorite catsup or Sweet and Sour Sauce.


I made some without chilies too.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me feel hungry watching the pictures of the spring roles. :-)

Ida

LENY said...

Sorry, but you can try making or cook yours, try tuna fish instead of meat if you're health conscious :)