Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Crochet


One of my pastime this last few months was doing a crochet, that my son called me granny 'coz I'm doing this already. Is this for an aged crafts? I don't think so, 'coz I started learning this when I was still in my elementary years.


Before Christmas I made a lots of (what you called this) a Glass dress ?
I thought it's a nice gift for my close friends, my self made gift for them. 6 pcs. in one set with 6 glasses too. Their favorite color is green, all of them even my landlady here, so I made all green for them.

The rest are mine.



My small size doilies. Don't want to make it bigger 'coz I easily get bored and I want my project finish at once.







I made coasters too.



Here's where I got my patterns.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear Leny,

Beautiful handcraft! I used to do crochet years ago but not anymore. I do cross stitch, but need strong lamplight and day light and a magnifying glass. it's so annoying to lose eye sight.

Ida

LENY said...

Hi Ida,

I do cross stitching too. Still have unfinished job, a BYJ portrait and it's almost 3 yrs in the making now. I have poor sight too that force me to wear contact lenses, without those I'm blind he he.

Thanks for keep on coming Ida.
Do have a pleasant day.

Love, Leny

myoce said...

Leny, you are so talented and artistic...my mom does this and also makes quilts...sadly anything to do with thread or cloth is not my forte.
I used to knit...scarf only...but only once.

When I was little I learned to crochet from my grandma, and call her every 5 minutes cos of tangles he he...

I love your work !

LENY said...

Hello Myoce,

Glad to see you here.
How's your mother? Hope she fully recovered her health :)

I told you, my art is different from my brothers and my kids. I can do anything about cloths too, dress making, curtain making, etc....

Haven't done knitting yet :( 'coz were in tropical place so we don't use that.But if I want to learn perhaps I can do.I'm a fast learner when it comes to handcrafts,he he he.

Thanks for visiting Myoce.
Have a lot of rest.

Love, Leny